THE BOOK OF DANIEL IN VERSE-BY-VERSE OUTLINE
The Book of Daniel reveals the timeline of world history from Babylon to the Antichrist, who shall arise as the king of the north and little horn from Syria
[ HOME ] [ CH. 2 ] [ CH. 7 ] [ CH. 8 ] [ CH. 9 ] [ CH. 10 ] [ CH. 11 ] [ CH. 12 ]
Revealed in Daniel are the following
1. The Book of Daniel contains the prophecy of the seventy weeks of years (Dan. 9:24-27). Daniel's 70th week of years (Dan. 9:24) is divided: 3 ˝ years in the ministry of Jesus on the earth, and 3 ˝ years in the coming "ministry-reign" of the Antichrist. The last 7 years of this age—The Antichrist Covenant week of years—before the second coming of Jesus [the Messiah], begins with the signing of a 7-year peace covenant between the nation of Israel and the Antichrist (Dan. 9:27): who is the Syrian head of a Middle-Eastern/European confederacy of 10 nations (the Revised Roman Empire).
2. After 3 ˝ years (at midweek) this covenant is broken (Dan. 9:27).
3. The executor of this covenant with Israel is a king whose ascendancy to power can be tracked by following the little horn (Dan. 7:8; Dan. 7:20; Dan. 7:24; Dan. 8:9) that came out of this 10-nation confederacy located in the territories formerly ruled by Rome (Dan. 7:7, Dan. 7:20; Dan. 7:24). He uproots 3 of these nations in his rise to power (Dan. 7:8; Dan. 7:20; Dan. 7:24). He is identified as the king of the north (Dan. 11:6-8; Dan. 11:11, 13, 15; Dan. 11:40), and is a Syrian. [This can be easily determined from countless historical records of ancient Greece and Rome concerning who is the king of the north in fulfilled prophecy.] Finally, by studying the history of Antiochus Epiphanes, prophesied in Dan. 11:21-45 and recorded in the historical books of 1st and 2nd Maccabees, a detailed composite drawing is presented of the Antichrist—the man of sin, and the beast out of the sea of Revelation 13:1 (see How To Quickly Locate the Antichrist in Scripture).
4. The king of the north is Syria (Dan. 11:6-8; Dan. 11:40).
5. The king of the south is Egypt (Dan. 11:5).
6. Egypt will fall to Syria at the time of the end (Dan. 11:42-43).
7. At or before midweek, the 10-nation confederacy of revised Rome give their power, authority, and kingdom to the Antichrist (Rev. 17:12-13). They destroy the great religious whore city (Rev. 17:16-17;
Rev. 17:18) of the Revised Roman Empire. The Antichrist then rules the eighth and final world kingdom to oppress Israel—the Revived Grecian empire (Rev. 17:11)—for 3 ˝ years until the second coming of Jesus [see notes on Revelation 13 and Revelation 17; see also How To Quickly Locate the Antichrist in Scripture].
8. It is not until Michael’s is removed as the angelic covering over Israel [see The Hinderer of Lawlessness] that the Antichrist can be revealed to persecute Israel in the last half of The Antichrist Covenant week of years, which is also the last half of Daniel’s 70th week of years (Dan. 9:24-27; 2 Thes. 2:3).
[Please Note: this site has been designed to function as an encyclopedia of Bible prophecy. The blue links are all "hot." When clicked upon, they will open up into a new window, enabling study of related issues without losing the original page. The links will not work, however, if your pop-up stopper is engaged. Please disengage it as you surf this site (try pressing the Ctrl key as you click on each blue link).]
© 1997-2009 Walter J. Taylor, Walter James Taylor
TRANSLATE 10 LANGUAGES
TRANSLATE 10 LANGUAGES
[Select language, press Ctrl and click 'Go']
[ BACK TO TOP ]
© 1997-2009 Walter J. Taylor, Walter
Livermore Valley Worship Center
Livermore Valley Worship Center, A Corporation Sole
P. O. Box 5702, Walnut Creek, CA 94596-1702, (925) 457-1611
Walter James Taylor, Founding Pastor